Monday, August 29, 2016

The DPW Challenge - A Travel Back in Time

I must admit I grew up in a rural place, somewhere in a forgotten Eastern Europe country side. I still remember how as kids we were running after occasionally horse carts, climb on from behind and get a lift for as long as the driver wasn't aware of us. I remember the dust, the smell of horse and fresh cut grass; those were wonderful times. I am only sorry that my kids never had the chance to spend at least one summer like that.

So when the DPW Challenge announced The Wheels Challenge for this week I knew I will not paint a car. Or a motorcycle. Or some other fast, noisy and shinny vehicle. My heart went back to the childhood times and for a little while I smelled again the field in the summer sun.

"Peaceful Roads" pastel 10x12 inch
The reference photo of course is a modern one but I hope I caught a bit of the peaceful atmosphere of a time that is forever lost to us.
I also did some pics as a work in progress of this piece and I will post them soon.
I would love to hear what you think of this painting so don't hesitate to leave a comment.
Have a great day you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment