Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The Sunny Pond

Today I found a new way to prime my boards for pastel in a way that is very similar with the well known sanded paper. The texture also is almost the same; this mean that the surface will hold few layers of pastel without a problem AND being wood is water resistant, which my latest very expensive sanded paper wasn't.

As a test I did this painting on a piece measuring 9x12 inch and I am very happy with the results. I must admit I abused the surface quite a bit but it held the pastel wonderfully.

"The Sunny Pond" pastel on bord 9x12
This priming method will reduce my paper expenses for more than half, not to mention that the board is much more resistant than the paper.
All in all a good and productive day. If you like the painting you can find it for purchase in my gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment